Northwich – Weaver in Flood

Tuesday morning and the River is closed to navigation. 

Tuesday morning the River has definitely risen, it is up 2ft and the bridge ahead has only 7ft 6ins clearance now reduce to 5ft 6ins, too low for us to get under.  So we are moored here for the day or until the water level drops. 


The Weaver has proved to be both scenic and eventful.  We intended to go down stream to where it meets the Manchester Ship Canal but the first lock downstream was closed.  So we headed upstream through Northwich.


 We moored overnight above Vale Royal Lock, Sunday was a sunny evening and we had a walk via the old abbey site and in to the village of Moulton.


 As forecast Monday was wet, we headed down to Northwich to do some shopping.  There was quite a flow but we moored up ok.

Leave a Reply